Hayward Man, Vacaville Man and Auburn Man Injured in Interstate 80 Crash near Pedrick Road in Dixon
Solano County, California (February 28, 2020) – Three people were injured Friday morning in a traffic accident involving several vehicles in Dixon, Solano County, according to a local news source.
The multi-car crash happened shortly before 10:30 a.m. on Interstate 80, just east of Pedrick Road.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a semi-trailer hauling products from online retail giant Amazon was heading westbound on Interstate 80 when a Honda sedan clipped it. As a result of the collision, the big rig crossed over the center divider and into the eastbound lanes.
The Amazon truck then collided with a white Subaru and another big rig traveling in the eastbound lanes. The CHP said the force of the impact split the Subaru into three pieces.
The driver of the Subaru, a 40-year-old Hayward man, sustained moderate injuries in the crash. The Honda driver, a 47-year-old Vacaville man, suffered minor injuries.
The operator of the second big rig, a 67-year-old Auburn man, also sustained minor injuries. According to the CHP, all four vehicles were driven by single occupants.
Authorities closed all three westbound lanes of the interstate to investigate the crash. Just after noon, all lanes were reopened to traffic.
The CHP is investigating the cause of the accident.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Truck accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.