Seal Beach Car Accident Attorney
6,000+ Cases Handled & $100+ Million Recovered
Car accidents In Seal Beach, California
Seal Beach is a city in Orange County, California. As of the 2020 census, the population was 25,242 people, up from 24,168 in 2010.
Seal Beach is located in the westernmost part of Orange County.
On the other hand, California is an at-fault car accident state. You can recover compensation for damages from the person who caused your car crash. However, you have the burden of proving the other person caused the collision.
Our Seal Beach car accident lawyer at Alpine Law Group has personally handled over 6,000 car accident cases. With a proven track record of recovering millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements, you can trust that we will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve for a car accident claim.
If you sustained injuries in a car wreck, contact us to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Seal Beach. Our legal team works to ensure you are treated fairly by insurance companies and that your best interests are protected throughout the claims process.
Our success rate of recovering over $250 million for more than 6,000 car accident clients demonstrates our dedication to our clients and our skills as personal injury lawyers. From your initial consultation through the end of your case, we strive to provide exceptional legal services with a compassionate and caring attitude.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident Claim?
Even if you believe your car wreck was minor and did not sustain serious injuries, it is in your best interest to talk with a Seal Beach car accident lawyer. Several reasons why you want to seek legal advice after a traffic crash include:
- You might have sustained injuries that are more serious than you realize.
- Insurance companies do not have your best interest as their priority. As a result, they will undervalue your claim to pay as little as possible for your damages.
- Tort laws for car wreck claims are complicated. Our law firm navigates the claims process for you.
- You might not realize all of the damages you could receive compensation for after a car crash.
- More than one party could be liable for your injuries and damages.
- The insurance company might try to blame you for contributing to the collision to lower the value of your claim.
- You could undervalue your claim if you do not know how to calculate the value of non-economic damages.
When hiring an auto accident attorney in Seal Beach is essential for receiving a fair amount for your injury claim. We offer free case evaluations. Therefore, it does not cost you anything to obtain legal advice and learn how our law firm can help you after a motor vehicle collision.
Common Types Of Auto Accident Injuries
You can sustain injuries in an automobile crash. For example, even a low-speed fender-bender could result in chronic pain and serious injuries.
Our legal team has experience handling all types of auto injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Crushing injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Loss of limbs and paralysis
- Seat belt injuries, including seat belt syndrome
- Airbag injuries
- Shoulder and back injuries
- Nerve damage and soft tissue injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Skull fractures and head injuries
In addition to your physical injuries, many victims experience psychological and emotional trauma.
Our legal team works with your physicians and medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries. If you sustained permanent impairments or disabilities, you could be entitled to additional compensation for future damages.
Common Causes Of Auto Accident Injuries
Most car crashes are caused by negligence. Careless and reckless drivers make poor driving decisions. Unfortunately, those decisions cause painful and catastrophic injuries to innocent victims.
Common causes of traffic collisions include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating and following too closely
- Road rage and reckless driving
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving and using a cell phone
In addition to driver negligence, other factors could contribute to the cause of traffic crashes. For example, road conditions and defectively designed intersections and roads could contribute to a car wreck. Weather conditions may also play a part in the cause of a traffic wreck.
Our auto accident attorney in Seal Beach thoroughly investigates the cause of your crash. We identify each party who contributed to the cause of the wreck.
By doing so, we build a case of causation, fault, and liability against each party who is responsible for your injuries and damages. Therefore, we increase the chance you receive maximum compensation for damages.
California Car Accident Statistics
Traffic collisions are one of the most common reasons people file personal injury claims. California traffic safety statistics include:
- There were 3,606 traffic deaths in 2019
- Alcohol-impaired driving deaths totaled 1,066 in 2019
- Motorcycle deaths totaled 474 in 2019
- The number of pedestrian deaths in 2019 totaled 972
- Bicyclist fatalities totaled 133 in 2019
The most recent report by the California Highway Patrol is for 2017 crashes; in 2017, the CHP reported 193,564 injury crashes resulting in 277,160 persons injured.
What To Do After a Car Accident?
The steps you take after a motor vehicle crash can significantly affect the outcome of your case. While the details of each automobile collision are unique, suggested steps after a car accident include:
- Call 911 to report the car wreck and request police assistance and emergency medical services.
- Do not admit fault for the cause of the crash or apologize for the crash.
- Gather evidence at the crash scene, including contact information for eyewitnesses, photos, and videos
- Seek immediate medical care for your injuries (delays in medical care result in problems in your case)
- Notify your insurance company of the automobile crash, but avoid talking to insurance adjusters from either company without legal advice
- Continue medical care and document your damages.
We encourage you to contact our law office as soon as possible to discuss your case with our experienced Irvine personal injury lawyer. During your free consultation, an attorney assesses your case, explains injury laws, discusses your legal options, and answers your questions about injury claims.
How does the Investigation Process Work?
We take numerous steps during the investigation process. Examples of steps we take while investigating a traffic wreck case include:
- Obtain copies of crash reports and police reports
- Interview you to document the details of the crash
- Identify and interview eyewitnesses
- Search for videos of the collisions from dashcams, traffic cameras, nearby surveillance cameras, and other sources
- Gather physical evidence from the vehicles and the accident scene
- Request data from vehicle data recording systems
- Consult with engineers, accident reconstructionists, trucking industry experts, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Request copies of your medical records
The purpose of the accident investigation is to identify each factor that contributed to the cause of the collision. Then, we determine who contributed to the cause of the accident. Any party who contributed to the cause of the accident can be held financially liable for damages based on their percentage of fault.
During our investigation, we also gather evidence of your damages. That information is necessary to determine how much your case is worth.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on the facts and circumstances of the crash. Factors that can affect how much an auto accident case is worth include:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent impairments or disabilities
- Whether you are partially to blame for causing the collision
- The availability of insurance coverage
- The parties involved in the case
- The duration of your recovery
- The willingness of the insurance company to negotiate a fair settlement
We aggressively pursue the maximum compensation for all damages. Damages can include financial losses (economic damages) and pain and suffering (non-economic damages). Unfortunately, insurance companies routinely undervalue damages. Therefore, we fight to get you the actual value of your claim.
Contact a Top-Rated Seal Beach Car Accident Lawyer Today
Alpine Law Group consistently obtains the top settlements in motor vehicle accident cases in California. In 2019, our law firm recovered the Top 10 Settlements for motor vehicle accidents. Let us put our experience, skills, and resources to work for you.
Let us help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed for an auto accident case; call (866) 773-0222 or submit an online contact form to request a free, confidential consultation.