James Buchanan Hospitalized after Fatal Ventura County Car Crash on Highway 1 near Deer Creek Road
Ventura County, California (May 2, 2020) – James Buchanan, 76, has been identified as one of the two victims hospitalized after a Friday morning car accident that killed one other person in Ventura County, according to police.
As per the police logs, the fatal crash transpired at around 11:44 a.m., on May 1, on Highway 1 near Deer Creek Road.
Ronald Baldonado, 61, was driving a 2002 Ford flatbed truck traveling southbound on Highway 1 when he slowed down to turn left onto Deer Creek Road. At the same time, a 2002 International box truck driven by a 42-year-old man from Oxnard, for unknown reasons, rear-ended the Ford, according to the authorities.
The impact pushed the Ford onto the northbound lane, where it crashed into a 2011 Subaru SUV, driven by Buchanan, traveling northbound on Highway 1 at the time.
The 42-year-old Oxnard man was declared dead at the crash site.
Buchanan sustained major injuries while Baldonado suffered moderate injuries. The two drivers were transported to Ventura County Medical Center medical treatment.
The three cars sustained significant damages following the accident.
The southbound and northbound lanes of the highway were closed for about two hours due to the crash.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Ventura Area CHP at (805) 662-2640.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.