One Suffers Major Injuries in Lompoc Car Accident on Highway 246 at Mission Gate Road Saturday afternoon
Lompoc, California (May 17, 2020) – One person sustained serious injuries following a traffic accident that happened Saturday afternoon on a highway in Lompoc, according to a local news source.
Two sedans collided at around 12:52 p.m. Saturday, May 16, on Highway 246 at Mission Gate Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.
As a result of the collision, one of the sedans veered off the road while the other was partially blocking the highway. The hood of one of the vehicles was ripped off in the collision, authorities said.
Paramedics responded to the scene and provided medical aid to at least one person who suffered major injuries following the crash. The name and condition of the victim at this time were not disclosed.
Both vehicles were towed from the crash site.
No other details about the accident were immediately provided.
The crash remains under investigation.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.