64-Year-Old Sacramento Woman Dies Following Fatal Solano County Crash on Interstate 80 near State Highway 113 Friday evening
Solano County, California (September 23, 2019) – A woman was killed Friday evening in a traffic accident involving three vehicles in Solano County.
The deadly crash occurred at around 6:10 p.m. Friday, September 20 on Interstate 80, just west of State Highway 113.
According to a report by the California Highway Patrol, a Jeep Compass was heading eastbound on Interstate 80 when its driver failed to slow down to traffic ahead and crashed into the back of a Nissan Kicks.
The force of the impact pushed the Nissan into the rear of a Ford F-150 truck.
The driver of the Nissan, only identified as a 64-year-old West Sacramento woman, died in the crash. Her name has not been disclosed pending notification of family.
The other drivers were not seriously hurt in the crash.
Neither alcohol nor drugs were factors in the accident. Meanwhile, the crash remains under investigation.
Things You Need to Do After a Car Accident
When you have been involved in a car accident there a things you need to do to make sure you, your passengers and other motorist are protected. Motorists are urged to take the following actions after the accident.
- Always stop if you are involved in an accident.
- Check to see if anyone needs urgent medical care. If you can, try not to move the vehicles unless they are causing a major problem with traffic. If possible, wait for the police before moving anything.
- Limit your conversation about the accident with other drivers. You should only talk about the accident with the police, medical professionals and your insurance representative.
- Take photos of the damage to your car.
- Contact your insurance company. However, you are encouraged to give all the accurate information.
- Keep copies of any medical records and any related expenses.