8 Hurt in Sacramento Crash at 12th and I Streets Saturday
Sacramento, California (September 21, 2019) – According to a local news report, eight people were injured in a two-vehicle crash that happened Saturday afternoon in downtown Sacramento.
The accident happened at around 3:00 p.m. in the area of 12th and I streets.
As per the local news report, two vehicles collided at the Sacramento intersection for an unknown reason. The force of the impact caused one of the cars to slam into a restaurant.
Authorities said eight people sustained minor injuries as a result of the accident.
It was immediately unclear if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Things You Need to Do After a Car Accident
When you have been involved in a car accident there a things you need to do to make sure you, your passengers and other motorist are protected. Motorists are urged to take the following actions after the accident.
- Always stop if you are involved in an accident.
- Check to see if anyone needs urgent medical care. If you can, try not to move the vehicles unless they are causing a major problem with traffic. If possible, wait for the police before moving anything.
- Limit your conversation about the accident with other drivers. You should only talk about the accident with the police, medical professionals and your insurance representative.
- Take photos of the damage to your car.
- Contact your insurance company. However, you are encouraged to give all the accurate information.
- Keep copies of any medical records and any related expenses.