Protecting The Rights Of Injured Workers Throughout California
In California, all employers (with very limited exceptions) must provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. This insurance is meant to protect workers who are injured on the job or while conducting duties within the scope of their employment. However, recovering the rightful workers’ compensation benefits you are owed is not always easy.
At Alpine Law Group, our Irvine workers’ compensation lawyer can help you navigate the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim or disputing a denied claim. We have extensive experience in this area, as well as a proven track record of securing favorable results for our clients. Let us fight for you.
Contact Alpine Law Group Online Or By Phone At (866) 773-0222 For A Free, Confidential Consultation.
What To Do If You Are Injured At Work
While many work-related accidents and injuries occur within the actual workplace, it is important to note that any accident that occurs or injury that is sustained while an employee is carrying out duties related to his or her job is typically covered by workers’ compensation. The most common exception to this is when an employee is injured due to his or her own negligence or wrongful behavior.
If you are injured at work or while working, you should do the following:
- First and foremost, seek medical attention. Even if you believe that you are not seriously injured, you may have underlying injuries that can take time to appear. It is important that you seek prompt medical treatment not only for your own safety and well-being but also to establish that your injuries were serious enough to warrant medical attention.
- Next, report the incident and your injuries to your employer. In most cases, you will need to provide written notice of your injuries to your employer within 30 days of the accident. You will also need to file an official workers’ compensation claim with your employer (if done within the 30-day time frame, this can serve as your written notice of injury).
- You will need to receive medical treatment for your injuries from an approved medical provider. This medical provider is approved by the workers’ compensation insurance company. You may be able to go to a new doctor after a certain amount of time, however, there are restrictions and limitations to this. Speak to an attorney at our firm to learn more about your rights.
- Once you have selected a doctor within the approved network, you will need to make sure that you attend all appointments and follow all of the doctor’s instructions. This is an important part of your recovery, as well as an important requirement of workers’ compensation.
What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
There are many reasons that you the insurance company may deny your workers’ compensation claim—not all of which are valid. The insurance company may try to assert that you were not really injured or that you were not injured while at work/while working. It may also claim that you don’t really need medical treatment or that you can return to work when, in reality, you are not able to do so.
If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you don’t have to give up hope. You may still be able to recover compensation for your lost wages and medical bills. But first, you will need to speak to a qualified workers’ compensation lawyer who can help you understand your legal options and fight your claim denial.
Should I Hire An Attorney For My Workers Compensation Claim?
The experienced workers’ compensation attorney at Alpine Law Group is well versed in workers’ compensation law and will fight as a true advocate on your side. Unlike insurance companies, our Irvine workers’ compensation lawyers will pursue your best interest all along the way. Call our firm today to find out how we can help you especially if:
- You have a preexisting condition
- Your claim has been denied
- Your permanent disability rating has been challenged
- You have a workers’ compensation hearing coming up
- You are already receiving other government benefits
Contact Alpine Law Group For A Free Consultation
Our Irvine workers’ compensation lawyer has the resources, skill, and experience to help you with all aspects of your workers’ compensation claim. We can also help you bring a third-party work injury claim when your injuries are not covered by workers’ compensation. We encourage you to get in touch with us right away to get the process started. The sooner you speak to our team, the sooner we can help you get back on your feet.
Call (866) 773-0222 Or Fill Out And Submit An Online Contact Form To Request Your Free Consultation.
Real Stories From Real People
“My father passed away from being hit by a car. We were told my father (the pedestrian) was 100% at fault. Alpine Law won our case in 8 days! No, not 8 years like most law firms but 8 days. We will forever be grateful for their hard work and compassion.”
“I have 3 lawyers in my family and Arin surpassed all their expectations.”
“I have not been as fortunate ever in my life as I was the day I contacted Alpine Law Group. Prior to this case I had another attorney that I waited months and made several attempts for contact and was left hanging. This was not the case with Alpine Law.”
“I could not be happier with my experience, and I would highly recommend Arin and his firm. 5 stars all the way.”
Verdicts & Settlements
The Proof Is In The Pudding
Alpine Law Group Different?
Call 866-773-0222 For a Free Consultation Today with Attorney Arin!
We won't pass you off to a case manager!